Also see general devops pages, and cmd-batch cheatsheets.
takeown /f [FOLDER] /r /d y
- Try using Windows GUI and "change owner" under permission - make sure to set to apply to all children, for both replacing the owner, and applying permissions recursively
Try seeing if an application/user has a lock on the file/folder.
Try using LockHunter first
- AWESOME gui based tool that can unlock, kill blocking processes, and even automatically do the whole process - kill the lock and delete the folder - and integrated into the windows right click menu
- for a more manual approach, try PROCEXP from sysinternals
- Try booting into safe-mode and then deleting or changing permissions
- Nuclear option - boot into Linux and rm rf that sob
Be aware that, even within Windows 10, there are still filename and path/directory limitations - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file